Conditions of participation
1. The competition is open to pianists of all nationalities. Winners of the first prize 2019 are excluded from participation if they still belong to the same age group. In this case, participation is possible in the next higher age group.
2. Participation in age group I is possible for pianists born in 2014-2017.
3. Participation in age group II is possible for pianists born in 2011-2013.
4. Participation in age group III is possible for pianists born in 2008-2010.
5. Participation in age group IV is possible for pianists born in 2005-2007.
6. Participation in age group V is possible for pianists born in 2002-2004.
7. Participation in in age group VI is possible for pianists born in 1998-2001.
8. All documents required for participation in the competition must be sent in to following e-mail adress [email protected] up to and including November 15, 2023 at the latest. Applications that are late or incomplete will not be accepted.
9. The registration fee is 50 euros and cannot be refunded. It must be paid to:
Béla Bartók Internationale Musikgesellschaft Österreich
AT25 1200 0100 4033 4699
10. all pianists who have registered in time and meet all competition criteria will be admitted to the competition. They must register in time at the competition office at the Johann-Joseph-Fux-Conservatory, Nikolaigasse 2, on the day on which their age group takes place.
11. The order of the presented pieces per age group is determined by the competition management and published online in the program booklet prior to the competition.
12. Each participant is responsible for his / her own costs caused by participating in the competition.
13. the Jury will evaluate the participants according to the jury rules previously determined by the competition management.
14. The Jury is independent in its judgment. Its judgment is final and not subject to appeal. The judges' decision is final.
15. The jury will announce the result in a public award ceremony shortly after the end of each age group in a public award ceremony.
16. The entire repertoire must be performed from memory.
17. The voluntary participation in a higher age group is allowed.
18. Changes in the programme are tolerated, but should preferably be announced by 8 January 2024 at the latest.
19. All rounds of the competition are public and will be broadcast live via video stream. The participants agree to the unrestricted usage of the photo-, audio- and video material that is produced during the competition and the prizewinners' concerts by the competition management or third parties, including all platforms, regardless of the format or process. The participants irrevocably renounce all rights in connection with this.
20. Practice rooms are provided for the preparation of the competition auditions. The practice opportunities will be published early enough before the start of the competition.
21. All prize winners are obliged to be present at the award ceremonies. Should prize winners be invited to the prize winners' concert, they must take part in it. Any costs arising from this (additional overnight stay) will be covered by the competition management.
22. All organisational decisions concerning the competition remain the responsibility of the competition management. The competition management reserves the right to make all final decisions in case of misunderstanding.
23. By submitting the application to the International Béla Bartók Piano Competition in Graz, the applicant declares that he/she accepts all conditions mentioned in these rules.